Thursday, April 4, 2013

Sexual Intimacy and Family Life

Overall, I think this subject is overlooked because we value sexual intimacy and intercourse to be so sacred and important that we don't want to degrade it. I think Brother Williams did a very good job at explaining this subject. Before class, as preparation, he had us post a question online we had about sexual intimacy and marriage.
A few good questions I thought were sincere and interesting were:

How do I stay in love with a future spouse if I am around them 24/7?
Is it normal for a husband and wife to both be lacking a sex drive?
What is considered breaking the law of chastity when you are married?
I have almost no desire to have sex. How do I fix that?

I think these are all good examples of questions LDS students have that are preparing for marriage. We discussed that marriage is sacred. There should be no degrading within a marriage when it comes to sexual interactions. I have learned through this class and for myself that as long as you are living in accordance to the commandments and seek help from Heavenly Father you will be led to answered questions. We talked about how communication is key within marriages and that a husband and wife really need to talk to each other. They need to discusses likes and dislikes between one another and whenever something comes up that the other person feels need to talk about that spouse needs to express their feelings. Communication is key.

No comments:

Post a Comment